Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I tried to get the RD to work to get accurate water use data and participate in Environment Canada surveys.

There have been many incorrect statements made by Regional District Staff and their contractors.  Here I am suggested that the RD maintain a fact sheet with accurate data about water use and the number of users.  Furthermore I suggest that they participate in the Water and Wastewater surveys conducted by Environment Canada .  My submission is [here]

Update - Oct. 2011:  Nothing has happened about my request.  It is impossible to compare our water usage stats with benchmarks unless correct data is obtained.  The RD was embarrassed with the press coverage of their admission that they had compared our total water use with others residential use making us look worse than we were.  When I later pointed out that the Courtenay resident count was incorrect, the RD told me that they were no longer interested in the number of water users and per capita calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment